This margarita recipe features tequila’s favorite cousin, mezcal! Mezcal is made from agave being buried in pits underground and smoked. Using this spirit in your drinks brings a unique smoky and earthy flavor. And, combined with the light tastes of cucumber and mint, it is downright delicious.
See below for my Mezcal Margarita – a simple yet refreshing and balanced cocktail!
recipe for 1 mezcal margarita
- 2 oz mezcal
- 1.5 oz fresh cucumber juice
* 1 large cucumber or 2-3 small cucumbers, juiced
- 0.5 oz fresh lime juice
* half a lime, squeezed
- 0.5 oz honey
- 1 small bunch of mint leaves
- Garnish: cucumber slices and mint leaves
- Make the cucumber juice.
- Rim your glass by rubbing a lime wedge around the edge and dipping it in kosher salt.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint with the honey and cucumber juice.
- Add in ice, mezcal, and lime juice then shake well.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared glass with fresh ice. Garnish with cucumber slices / lime slice / mint.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!