These sweet and spicy margaritas are naturally sweetened with watermelon and mixed with jalapeño-infused tequila for a spicy kick. This combination with the tart lime juice and dash of honey make refreshing and flavorful drinks.
My spicy watermelon margaritas are easy to create and perfect for the warmer seasons. All you need is a handful of fresh ingredients. Enjoy!
the following recipe will make 2 cocktails
- 4 oz fresh watermelon juice
- 1 small seedless watermelon or 1/2 of a large watermelon
- 3 oz blanco tequila
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz honey
- 1 medium jalapeño, sliced into rounds
- Combine the tequila and half of the jalapeño slices in a cocktail shaker. Set aside for 15 to 30 minutes to infuse (the longer you infuse, the spicier it will be).
- To make the watermelon juice: scoop the watermelon flesh into a blender and blend until it has turned into a smooth juice. Pour it through a fine mesh strainer, pressing the liquid through with a big spoon.
- To make the margaritas: fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the watermelon juice, lime juice, and honey.
- Shake well. Taste and add additional honey if necessary.
- Strain the liquid into glasses with fresh ice. Garnish with jalapeños and a watermelon slice. Cheers!