This DIY granola recipe is easy to make and guaranteed to be more nutritious than any store bought product! My homemade and healthy granola is naturally sweetened with a little bit of honey and full of other beneficial ingredients like whole grains, unrefined coconut oil, and chia seeds. Plus, you can choose optional add-ons for your unique batch.
Below you will find the simple recipe to make your own granola – Enjoy!!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup raw nuts and/or seeds (I used 1 cup sliced almonds and ½ cup pepitas)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Optional additional mix-ins: sesame seeds, dried cranberries, chocolate chips, etc.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a non-stick reusable baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts / seeds, chia seeds, sea salt, and baking spices.
- In a separate measuring cup, stir together the melted coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, and stir until evenly combined.
- Spread the granola out on the prepared baking sheet. For chunkier granola, keep some larger clumps together.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Then remove from the oven, add the coconut flakes, and give the mixture a good stir.
- Bake for 5 – 10 more minutes, until the granola is lightly toasted and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely (the mixture will continue to crisp during this time). Then stir in any of your optional mix-ins.
- This hearty and healthy granola can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Subscribe to Leisure of Living: