This is a simple, non-toxic hair lightening spray that will bring out natural highlights in the sun. The homemade recipe is mixed with essential oils, in order to enhance hair growth, reduce frizz, and boost brightness. Combined with argan oil, which acts as a natural glow and protectant, these ingredients will ensure your hair doesn’t get damaged from sun exposure.
One of the great aspects of this DIY hair lightening spray is that you can choose which essential oils to incorporate. It also smells delicious and gives your locks a shiny, beachy wave that can be so hard to come by!
Mix the following into a travel-size spray bottle:
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 oz chamomile tea (optional)
- Half a cup of water
- 6-10 of the essential of your choice
- 6-10 drops of argan oil (use more if you tend to have dry hair)
Essential Oils to Use
- Lavender oil – deep conditions the hair, keeps it shiny and helps control dandruff.
- Chamomile oil – adds shine and softness to hair, and reduces frizz.
- Rosemary oil – strengthens hair and prevents hair loss.
- Cedarwood oil – is best for thickening hair as well as supporting circulation near hair follicles.