This homemade pillow spray is a great way to keep your sheets smelling fresh and will help ease any tensions before a long nights sleep. The recipe is easy to follow and even gives the option to create your own signature scents!
My DIY natural pillow spray only uses non-toxic ingredients and relies on essential oils to provide calming properties. It is safe for all kinds of sheets and is considered kid-friendly.
To use, spray your pillow and sheets 2-3 times with this DIY sleep mist every night before you lay down.
How to Make
Combine the following in a small measuring cup and then funnel into a 2 oz. spray bottle:
- 1 ounce of Witch Hazel
- 1 ounce of distilled water
- 30 drops of Essential Oils (see below for suggested combinations)
Essential Oils to Use
- Lavender – one of the most popular ‘calming’ oils because it reduces stress and promotes a deep sleep.
- Ylang-Ylang– has a very rich, floral scent that helps with relaxation and slows down your heart rate.
- Frankincense – used for mediation, inner peace, and has a warm, honey-like scent.
- Cedarwood – this has a woody, warm smell and is great for relieving anxiety.
- Bergamot – contains a citrusy aroma that soothes the nerves and assists with curing insomnia.
- Roman Chamomile – reminiscent of chamomile tea, this is a relaxing oil that eases feelings of discontent.
- Earth Scents: 10 drops ylang-ylang, 10 drops cedarwood, 10 drops lavender
- Sleepytime Tea: 5 drops frankincense, 10 drops bergamot, 15 drops roman chamomile
- Peace of Mind: 5 drops ylang-ylang, 5 drops frankincense, 10 drops bergamot, 10 drops lavender
- Stress Relief: 15 drops lavender, 15 drops cedarwood
- Meditation Mist: 10 drops frankincense, 10 drops ylang-ylang, 10 drops roman chamomile
Subscribe to Leisure of Living:
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!