This recipe for a spiced old fashioned has a unique twist on the classic cocktail recipe. My cranberry old fashioned is made with seasonal ingredients, including a homemade cranberry and honey syrup! Combined with the bourbon and flavorful bitters, this cocktail is guaranteed to warm you up and fill you with holiday cheer!
- 3 oz bourbon
- 1 oz spiced-cranberry honey syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 cups cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon allspice)
- 3 shakes Angostura bitters
- Zest from 1 side of an orange
- Splash of club soda
- 1 large ice cube (click here for my favorite ice cube molds!)
- Garnish: orange peel and 2-3 cranberries
Spiced – Cranberry Honey Syrup
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, honey, cranberries, cinnamon sticks and allspice.
- Bring to a boil for 4-5 minutes, or until cranberries start to burst.
- Set aside to cool. Then, pour syrup through a fine mesh strainer into a small glass bottle.
- Syrup can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Combine the simple syrup, bitters, and club soda into a rocks glass. Stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Place a large ice cube in the glass and add the bourbon.
- Gently twirl your cocktail spoon to combine the flavors.
- Add a bit of orange zest over the top, then rub the oil of the orange peel over the rim of glass.
- Garnish with the orange peel and cranberries.
My Craft Cocktail Essentials:
Subscribe to Leisure of Living:
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!