This eco-friendly recipe for a DIY all-purpose cleaner is a great alternative to anything you could buy in the store! It is made with natural, non-toxic ingredients which means it is much safer for your skin and helps establish a healthier home environment while also creating a subtle, earthy scent. The great thing about this homemade cleaning spray is that it is super quick to make, easy on the wallet, and only uses a few simple ingredients to clean the germs off of multiple surfaces in the house.
- 16 oz spray bottle
- 1 cup of distilled water
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of castille soap
- 5 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 5 – 10 drops of selected essential oils
- Combine the ingredients into spray bottle.
- Shake well and store at room temperature.
- When cleaning: spray the surfaces thoroughly, let sit for10 minutes, and then wipe clean.
Essential Oils to Use
- Lemon – This essential oil has an energizing scent and is known for its anti-fungal properties.
- Pine – Is great for air purification and mixes well with citrus aromas.
- Peppermint – This oil is used in cleaning products because of its anti-bacterial purposes.
- Orange – Creates a fresh aroma and is commonly used for boosting immunity.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!