My recipe for butternut squash bread is great for those who are health-conscious and wanting to embrace the fall spirit with baking! The nutritious ingredients include clean alternatives for the sugar, flour, and vegetable oil. My healthy, butternut squash bread is easy to make, moist, and has just the right amount of sweetness. Perfect for a fall morning with coffee or an afternoon snack.
- 1 butternut squash (roasted and pureed)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup extra-virgin coconut oil (melted)
- A dash of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of rolled oats flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Optional mix-ins:
- Pumpkin seeds, nuts, dark chocolate chips, dried cranberries, raisins
- For the squash:
- Cut the squash in half and remove seeds.
- Place flesh side up and add 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, and a dash of salt and pepper on top of squash.
- Bake on 400°F for 50-60 minutes or until flesh is fork tender.
- Allow to cool slightly before placing in food processor and blending until pureed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan with coconut oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl: combine flour, rolled oats, baking soda, flax seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl: mix together the coconut oil, vanilla, and honey.
- Stir the eggs and butternut squash into the moist mixture until everything is well-blended.
- Begin to slowly add in the flour mixture while stirring until it is moist.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. Use toothpick to check the center of the loaf until it comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
Subscribe to Leisure of Living:
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!