This citrus-based cocktail is light, refreshing, and contains natural, healthy ingredients.
My recipe for a citrus and vodka cooler is the perfect summer cocktail. Made up of fresh citrus juice, garden thyme, and Ketel One Botanical’s Grapefruit & Rose vodka — this drink is light yet full of distinctive flavors. The added Topo Chico brings a nice balance and fizz to the cocktail.
Use this summer cocktail recipe to explore a healthier, alcoholic beverage option this season!
- 2 oz Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit and Rose
- 1.5 oz Topo Chico (or any sparkling mineral water)
- 1 oz lemon juice
- .5 oz lime juice
- .5 oz agave
- Sprig of thyme
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Garnish: lime slice, sprig of thyme
- Optional: half rim of sugar or salt (with ground thyme)
- Remove the thyme leaves from the sprigs and add to a cocktail shaker with the lemon juice and vodka.
- Muddle lightly to release the flavors from the thyme.
- Add ice cubes to the shaker, with the lime juice and agave.
- Shake for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Fill your glass with ice, and strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Top the cocktail with your sparkling mineral water.
- Add the bitters, then garnish with a lime slice and sprig of thyme.
- Sip and enjoy.
Subscribe to Leisure of Living:
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!