This guide of eco-friendly bathroom products will help you create a functional and low-waste bathroom! It is surprising how easy it can be to avoid single-use plastic with simple product swaps. Use the list below of affordable, chic, and sustainable bathroom products to update your routine to be more eco-friendly.
- Wooden Hair Brush / Comb
- A wooden brush or comb does a much better job of evenly spreading oil from your roots, which is healthier for your hair. Plus, these types of brushes are sturdier and therefore, last longer. Once it is time to throw them away, you won’t be producing any waste since they are made from plant-material!
- Silk Hair Ties
- Switch to longer-lasting ties like silk scrunchies! These are hypoallergenic and environmentally-friendly since no plastic is used in manufacturing. Also, they are more gentle on hair and help reduce breakage which is why switching to this hair accessory is a win-win.
- Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- Invest in reusable makeup remover pads. In the long run, these pads will help you save money and are soft on sensitive skin. They can be reused and washed hundreds of times, which massively helps reduce landfill waste caused by the typical cotton rounds.
- Cleansing Oil
- Ditch the makeup remover wipes! Using a cleansing oil is a great way to remove makeup, sunscreen, and other impurities from your face without producing any waste at all.
- DIY Body Oil
- Making your own self-care and beauty products is sustainable and economical! Plus, you won’t be discarding as many plastic bottles if you decide to switch to glass for your DIY creations. I love making my own herbal body oil so that I don’t have to engage in any single-use plastic waste!
- Bar Soaps
- Bars of soap tend to use much less packaging to store, as well as less water and chemicals during production. Additionally, you can easily find all-natural brands that make soap bars with essential oils and other non-harmful ingredients.
- Biodegradable Ear Swabs
- The plastic-free option is usually made with paper or bamboo and organic cotton, which are an eco-friendly alternative to plastic Q-tips. These biodegradable tools work well for ear cleaning, swabbing eye makeup, and are easy to travel with.
- Bamboo Toothbrush
- Bamboo toothbrushes can be turned into compost and the charcoal bristles can be recycled. If you’re an electric toothbrush user, consider using bamboo reusable heads instead of plastic ones. This bathroom swap is easy, affordable, and good for your oral health!
- Eucalyptus Air Freshener
- Buy some fresh, live eucalyptus and hang it on your shower head with twine! Every time you shower, the steam will release the essential oils in the plant, which can clear nasal congestion and make your bathroom smell heavenly.
Subscribe to Leisure of Living:
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!