These baked chicken wings are full of flavor and healthier to eat than fried buffalo wings! The chicken is tossed in a blackening spice rub and then roasted for the crispy texture. I have also included a homemade recipe for bleu cheese dipping sauce that compliments the wings and helps subdue the little amount of spiciness.
- 12 pack of bone-in chicken wings
- Spice Rub:
- 1 tablespoon each: paprika, cayenne, chili powder, ground cumin, brown sugar, ground black pepper, salt
- 1 teaspoon each: onion powder and garlic powder
- Optional: celery and carrots, cut into sticks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a towel, pat chicken completely dry.
- Use a small amount of the salt and pepper to pre-season the wings.
- In a small bowl: combine the ingredients for the homemade blackening spice rub.
- Place the chicken into a large bowl and toss in the spice rub (you can do this in parts to make sure each piece is coated).
- Lay the chicken onto a baking rack (spray the rack with non-stick cooking spray) that is set on top of a sheet pan.
- Bake wings for 20 minutes, until crispy to touch and golden brown.
Bleu Cheese Dipping Sauce
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the following (you can also use a food processor):
- 1/2 cup of avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of bleu cheese crumbles
- 3 dashes of Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
- Salt (to taste)
Subscribe to Leisure of Living:
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!