Inspired by the unique combination of an Italian spritz and the British Pimm’s cup, my Prosecco and Pimm’s spritz recipe makes the perfect summer cocktail. It is naturally sweet, light, and sparkling – a mixture that pairs quite well with a hot day! The bubbly Prosecco helps bring out the herbal flavors from the liqueur while the fresh citrus provides a counterbalance the agave sweetener.
My Pimm’s spritz recipe below is easy to put together, great for entertaining, and refreshingly delicious. The recipe below yields two cocktails (because it is too good not to share). Enjoy!
- 2 oz Pimm’s (you can change the amount to suit your palate)
- 6 oz Prosecco
- 2 oz organic agave
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 4 slices of cucumber
- Garnish: 2 slices of cucumber and 2 sprigs of garden mint (learn how to grow your own herb garden HERE!)
- Place the sliced cucumbers and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle lightly (this bamboo muddler is great for not bruising the produce!)
- Pour in the Pimm’s, agave, and a handful of ice.
- Shake well, then strain into two glasses, both filled with fresh ice.
- Top each glass with Prosecco and stir to chill.
- Garnish with the cucumber slices and mint sprigs.
- *Clink* Sip and enjoy.
Subscribe to Leisure of Living: