Who doesn’t love the tossed look your hair has after a day at the beach? I know I do! For this very reason, I have created a recipe that allows you to bring the beach home with you and recreate that summery hairstyle we all love. My DIY sea salt spray will give your hair definition and waves that stand on their own. Also, this spray is made with all-natural ingredients that improve hair quality by adding moisture, texture, and shine to your locks.
I n g r e d i e n t s
- 10 oz spray bottle
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon epsom salts
- 10 drops argan or jojoba oil (oily hair = less drops)
- 7 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops thyme essential oil
- Optional: 1 teaspoon lemon juice if you want to lighten hair
- Optional: 1 teaspoon sea salt to add more texture / stiffness
I n s t r u c t i o n s
- In a small pot, heat the water until warm.
- Add the epsom salts, carrier oils, essential oils, and your preferred optional ingredients.
- Stir until dissolved and then pour into the spray bottle.
- Let cool, and then store in the fridge (if using lemon juice) or at room temperature if you aren’t.
- This spray will last 3-4 months — make sure to shake your sea salt spray before every use.
B e n e f i t s
- Epsom salt – adds volume and definition to all hair types. The magnesium will strengthen your hair and scalp as well as remove excess oil. Keep in mind that the magnesium might react with the pigments if your hair is colored so it is better to use infrequently if you have color-treated hair.
- Argan or Jojoba oil – will keep your hair moisturized and shiny while also controlling frizz. These oils are also helpful for repairing damage / split ends.
- Lavender oil – great for hair growth! It also has antibacterial properties, which can improve scalp health.
- Thyme oil – helps prevent hair loss and works well for those with dandruff.
Subscribe to Leisure of Living