The summer season always inspires me to start planning all of the cold and tasty libations that I can indulge in. So, when my friend gifted me a bag of freshly – picked lemons, I knew that I had to get to work on my first cocktail to celebrate the warm weather.
I decided to keep the flavors simple and fresh: citrus paired with my newly grown garden basil to compliment plus a little bit of organic agave to create balance. These ingredients combined with a smooth silver tequila and it becomes the ideal mix of refreshing, sweet, and sour: which is perfect for a warm, sunny day.
See below for my easy recipe for a frozen lemon basil margarita. Cheers!
I n g r e d i e n t s
- 1.5 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz of honey or golden syrup
- 1 sprig of basil (I used Thai basil for this recipe – learn how to Grow Your Own Herb Garden Here)
- 4 large cubes of ice
- OPTIONAL: juice from a piece of orange if you want to add a sweeter taste
- Garnish: half rim of salt and 2 basil leaves
I n s t r u c t i o n s
- In a small blender cup, lightly muddle the sprig of basil (I typically use a Nutribullet because of how quickly it crushes up the larger pieces of ice!)
- Next, add the tequila, lemon juice, honey, and ice
- Blend ingredients together until thoroughly mixed (you may need to add more ice depending on how slushy you want your drink)
- Rim half of a small rocks glass with salt
- Pour mixture into glass and garnish with basil leaves
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!