This tequila based drink is a seasonal spin on a classic Mexican cocktail. It has a great combination of fizzy, slightly sweet, and spicy from the ginger. My recipe for a Pomegranate Ginger Paloma is made with a healthier version of simple syrup -using organic honey and lots of ginger!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 4 ounces of pomegranate juice
- 2 ounces of homemade ginger syrup or Fever Tree ginger beer
- 2 ounces of tequila
- Splash of grapefruit-flavored sparkling water
- Garnish: sprig of mint and pomegranate seeds
For the ginger syrup:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 inch fresh ginger sliced
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Bring the water, honey, and ginger to a boil over high heat.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Once cool, strain out the ginger and mint.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Add the pomegranate juice, ginger syrup (or ginger beer), tequila. Stir to combine.
- Top with the grapefruit sparkling water.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and a sprig of mint
For another one of my seasonal cocktail recipes, click here for my Homemade Cherry Mojito!
Subscribe to Leisure of Living
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!