Buffalo Chicken Dip. Y U M. Seriously this is one of my favorite things to eat year round! However, this season is filled with game day parties and holiday gatherings so I thought it would be a perfect time to post this recipe!
If you are wondering why I consider my buffalo chicken dip one of the best, I give you two reasons:
- It can be considered HEALTHY: this dip is full of protein and healthy fats! If you stick to the basics and don’t add as much cheese, you won’t need to feel guilty about eating the whole bowl. 🙂
- Using a Cuisinart Slow Cooker! I LOVE how easy life can be with a slow cooker! All you need to do is throw the ingredients into one pot and you will have a home-cooked meal ready in a few hours.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 16 oz
- 8 oz of cream cheese (I typically use low-fat)
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce, or you can make your own*!
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, onion powder, cilantro
- optional: 1/4 cup of cheese (bleu, feta, shredded cheddar all work)
- for dipping: celery and carrot sticks, multigrain crackers, tortilla chips, pretzels, your fingers…
- To make the shredded chicken: place chicken in the slow cooker and add equal parts water and chicken broth (enough to cover the chicken completely). Put your slow cooker on high for 3- 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Remove and shred with two forks (it will be hot!), drain the liquid.
- Place chicken back into slow cooker and add the remaining ingredients.
- *If you want to make your own buffalo sauce, put equal parts regular hot sauce and butter into a small pot. Cook on low, stirring frequently until thoroughly mixed.*
- Add seasonings to taste, and if you like spicy foods, add extra hot sauce!
- Stirring occasionally, cook on low for 1 1/2 hours or until dip is even and starting to bubble on edges.
This buffalo chicken dip is a great snack to have in your fridge or to serve during a big game day! For another quick and easy meal, click here for my One Pot Italian Pasta Recipe!
Subscribe to Leisure of Living
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!