This healthy buffalo chicken dip recipe contains the flavors of a classic appetizer and turns it into a more nutritious version that is filled with protein and healthy fats!
- Cuisinart Slow Cooker
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 16 oz
- 8 oz of low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, onion powder, cilantro
- optional: 1/4 cup of cheese (bleu or feta)
- for dipping: celery and carrot sticks, multigrain crackers, tortilla chips, pretzels, etc.
- To make the shredded chicken: place chicken in the slow cooker and add equal parts water and chicken broth (enough to cover the chicken completely). Put your slow cooker on high for 3- 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Remove and shred with two forks (it will be hot!), drain the liquid.
- Place chicken back into slow cooker and add the remaining ingredients.
- Add seasonings to taste, and if you like spicy foods, add extra hot sauce!
- Stirring occasionally, cook on low for 1 1/2 hours or until dip is even and starting to bubble on edges.
Subscribe to Leisure of Living:
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!