Below is a guide on how to strengthen your immune system, reduce the burden on your body, and improve nutrition. The four simple remedies that I have listed will naturally boost your immune system, which means any ingredients or recipes that I use are all-natural and eco-friendly.
Bacteria Banishing Room Spray
This spray is perfect for cleansing the air and uses essential oils as natural ingredients to get rid of any airborne germs.
Mix the following in a spray bottle:
- 3/4 cup of distilled water
- 2 tablespoons of vodka or witch hazel
- 6 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil (helps treat cold symptoms and even clears sinus congestion)
- 8 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil (excellent for a ‘foggy head’, and is useful in treating bacterial infections)
- Lemon zest
Carrot – Orange – Ginger Juice
A very refreshing start to your day that also carries a lot of nutritional value!
If you are using a juicer, turn on and use according to instructions. If you are using a blender, blend on high for about a minute. Then place a nut milk bag over your glass and pour. (click here for an inexpensive nut milk bag!)
- 4 medium-sized carrots (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 2 oranges (peeled and seeds removed)
- 2 inch piece ginger root (peeled)
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup water
Immune – Boosting Bitters
Mix this tonic into a hot tea or take a few drops first thing when you wake up. It is specifically crafted with ginger, dandelion root, chamomile, and honey: all ingredients proven to support immune system function.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 ounce dried chamomile
- 1 ounce dandelion root (a powerful antioxidant)
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 ounces alcohol (recommended: 100 proof vodka)
- Dissolve the honey in 2 teaspoons of boiling water. Let cool.
- Combine the honey and the other ingredients in a mason jar and pour alcohol on top.
- Seal tightly and store the bitters in a cool, dark place.
- Let the bitters infuse until the desired strength is reached, about 2-4 weeks. Shake the jars regularly (try to do it once a day).
- When ready, strain the bitters through a muslin cheesecloth or coffee filter. Store the strained bitters in an airtight container at room temperature.
Turmeric has been used as traditional medicine for thousands of years! It supports natural healing due to its strong antioxidant properties and aid with inflammation.
Combine the following ingredients in a small, heated pot. Stir until mixed thoroughly:
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder (or 2 slices raw ginger)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Subscribe to Leisure of Living:
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!