This recipe for one pot Italian pasta will transport you straight to the Tuscan countryside.
The genius behind this dish is putting everything into one pot: the noodles are able to soak up all of the goodness in each ingredient while forming an almost creamy texture.
It also goes without saying that one pot = only one dish to wash = no fighting over who cleans up after dinner.
With the fresh ingredients and the simplicity of its creation, this pasta is guaranteed to become your go-to at least once a week.
- 1 (16 oz.) pack of spaghetti
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 4 (medium-sized) vine ripe tomatoes
- 1 yellow or white onion
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (if you need help choosing the best olive oil, click here)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- OPTIONAL : sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, Italian sausage (cooked), olives
- Chop tomatoes into larger chunks, about 6-8 pieces for each tomato
- Slice the onion very thinly, yielding almost paper thin pieces
- Break the spaghetti in half, once
- In a large pot, place the two halves of spaghetti, criss -crossed
- Around the sides of the pot, alternate the placement of the tomatoes and onions (see picture above) (this is when you can place in your additional ingredients as well)
- Pour in the chicken broth
- Place 4-6 of the fresh basil leaves on top and then drizzle the olive oil over everything in the pot
- Cook the mixture on medium-high for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Once the pasta has cooked evenly and the ingredients have melded together to form a sauce, then your pasta is complete
- Serve with fresh basil, salt and pepper to taste, chili flakes, or grated parmesan cheese (I also suggest indulging in a nice glass of red wine)
Subscribe to Leisure of Living
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!