Below is my easy recipe for a DIY body oil that is infused with essential oils and herbs. This is guaranteed to keep your skin soft, glowing, and smelling great all day long.
- 16 oz. glass jar or bottle (sterilized)
- 2 cups of cold pressed base oil (sweet almond or grapeseed) – I usually add a couple of drops of jojoba oil as well
- 10 drops of sandalwood essential oil
- 5 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil
- 1/4 cup dried rose petals – you can also choose to use dried chamomile flowers
- Place the dried herbs into a medium-sized glass bowl, then pour in the sweet almond oil.
- Set the bowl on top of a saucepan that is filled halfway with water to create a double boiler.
- Over medium heat, allow the oil to infuse with the herbs for 1 hour. Refill the water in the saucepan as needed, and keep an eye on the oil mixture to make sure it doesn’t get too hot (it should never simmer).
- Once the oil has infused, carefully remove the glass bowl from the heat and allow to cool.
- Using a cheesecloth, strain the herbs from your oil. You may need to repeat this step 2-3 times to get all of the herbs out.
- Pour your infused body oil into a glass bottle/ or jar.
- The final step is to add your essential oils + any other oils you prefer like jojoba or rosehip.
- Spray or pour the oil directly onto the desired area
- Using a circular motion, massage gently into skin
- Allow to dry for a few minutes before putting clothes on
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!