Making your own roller balls can be extremely beneficial! One of the best things about them is that they contain essential oils: which have the natural ability to solve common everyday ailments. Also, they are pre-made and super easy to apply– just roll it on your feet, neck, wrists, or joints & you are ready to go.
What You Will Need:
- 10 ml Roller ball applicator- preferably a dark colored bottle (amber or blue)
- 1/3 ounce of carrier oil – something with little to no scent. Olive oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, or grapeseed oil are considered the best (I prefer jojoba oil because it helps with dry skin & acne)
- 10-15 drops of essential oils – see below for which blends of essential oils that I recommend
- A dropper or pipette – makes measuring easier
How to Make:
- Remove the roller ball from the top of the bottle.
- Add drops of each essential oil.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with your preferred carrier oil.
- Reattach roller ball at the top & shake well.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
Essential Oil Blends:
- Sore Muscles – 6 drops peppermint, 3 drops eucalyptus, 3 drops majoram
- Sleepytime – 8 drops lavender, 4 drops cedarwood, 4 drops ylang-ylang
- Focus – 6 drops vetiver, 4 drops orange, 2 drops sage
- Sickness / Congestion – 6 drops peppermint, 3 drops rosemary, 2 drops tea tree, 2 drops oregano
- De-stress – 6 drops lavender, 3 drops chamomile, 3 drops rose, 2 drops bergamot
- Nausea – 6 drops ginger, 4 drops lemon, 2 drops fennel
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!