Use these recipes to make quick and tasty snacks that will get rid of those nagging munchies. The best part is, you won’t feel any guilt because these eats are highly nutritious!
Avocados are known for being “good fats”, which help lower cholesterol and maintain a healthy digestive system.
In a mixer, blend these ingredients together:
- 2 avocados (remove the skins and the seeds)
- 4 dates (make sure to remove the pits!)
- 1/4 cup of coconut water
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 scoop of collagen powder (I just recently started using Reserveage Collagen Replenish Powder — which keeps your skin looking fresh & healthy!)
Whole Wheat Pasta Salad
This healthier version of a pasta salad is nutrient-rich and contains B-vitamins that boost your energy as well as your metabolism.
In a mixing bowl, combine the following:
- 3 cups of cooked, whole wheat penne (make sure it has completely cooled)
- 1/4 cup of arugula
- 1/4 cup of chopped mixed olives and roasted red peppers
- 2 teaspoons of balsamic glaze
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- A squeeze of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of chopped, garden oregano
- 1 teaspoon of chopped, garden basil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped mozzarella cheese (only for those who can consume dairy)
- Sprinkle of pink himalayan sea salt
- Sprinkle of cracked pepper
Sliced & Seasoned Jicama
Jicama is high in antioxidants and fiber but low in calories. It is also great for those who need to boost the potassium in their diet.
Remove peel from a medium-sized jicama and cut into slices.
Mix the slices in a bowl with the following:
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Tajin seasoning
- Sprinkle of himalayan sea salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
- A touch of olive oil.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!