It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The holidays are ideal for spending time with loved ones and relaxing. There is no better way to do this than getting off your feet and cozying-up with a mug of homemade hot cocoa. I have created a tasty recipe for this and guess what? I added wine! Your winter’s night-in has been given a boozy and delicious upgrade.
- 8 ounces almond, coconut or whole milk
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- 12 ounces Zinfandel (my preference is 7 Deadly Zins)
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and cacao powder
TO MAKE: Whisk the cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon together in a large saucepan. Add the milk and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally for about 5 minutes. Stir in the salt. Remove from the heat and add the wine. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a dusting of cacao powder.