Lately I have not been able to fall asleep quickly like I used to. Stress and overthinking can just take over the mind! I decided to research some ways to help me sleep better at night. That is where I came across the gift of pillow sprays. They are a great way to keep your sheets smelling fresh and to help ease any tensions before a long nights sleep. The problem is, a lot of sprays sold in stores contain chemicals. Not something you want to be breathing in all night.
Instead, I made my own spray – the recipe is easy to follow and even gives the option to create your own signature scents! My DIY pillow spray only uses safe, non-toxic ingredients and relies on essential oils to provide calming properties.
Just 2-3 spritzes of this on your pillow / sheets every night and you will be sleeping like a baby again!
Combine the following in a small bowl, jar or measuring cup and then funnel into a 2-4 ounce spray bottle:
- 1 ounce of Witch Hazel
- 1 ounce of distilled water
- 30 drops of Essential Oils (I suggest combining 2-3!)
- Lavender – one of the most popular ‘calming’ oils because it reduces stress and promotes a deep sleep.
- Ylang-Ylang– has a very rich, floral scent that helps with relaxation and slows down your heart rate.
- Cedarwood – this has a woody, warm smell and is great for relieving anxiety.
- Bergamot – has a citrusy aroma that soothes the nerves and assists with curing insomnia.
- Roman Chamomile – reminiscent of chamomile tea, this is a relaxing oil that eases feelings of discontent.
For stress-relief on the go, click here for my all-natural roller ball recipe + suggested blends!
Subscribe to Leisure of Living
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!