The perfect finger food to keep the hungry at bay until the big meal! These pancetta and parmesan stuffed mushrooms are small savory bites that are full of flavor.
- 30 medium-sized baby bella mushrooms
- 12 slices of pancetta (diced and then cooked to crispy)
- 10 sprigs of parsley (chopped finely)
- 2 sprigs of dill (chopped finely)
- 3/4 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- Zest from 2 whole lemons
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3 shallots (finely diced)
- Dice and cook the pancetta until crispy (this is best done in a pan in the oven). Then set aside to cool.
- Grate parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Remove stems from the mushrooms, and place stems in a separate bowl.
- Chop the stems into small pieces and place into a large saute pan on low heat to sweat.
- Move the mushrooms to one side of the pan and place the shallots on the other side. Wait until the shallots have browned then mix everything in the pan together.
- Next, turn the heat to medium-high and add the butter with salt & pepper. Once the mixture is evenly cooked, cut the heat off the pan.
- Zest 2 lemons over the concoction and squeeze some of the juice onto it as well.
- Add the parsley and dill. Then, add the parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Only add enough breadcrumbs to make the mixture slightly stiff.
- Finally, stir the diced pancetta into the pan and make sure everything is thoroughly mixed together.
- Place the mushrooms on a pan with wax paper and space them out evenly. Season the mushrooms with a little bit of balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Once the filling has completely cooled, stuff the mushrooms-make sure to pack the mix tightly into each mushroom cap.
- If you choose, you can place thin slices of white cheddar (or any other meltable cheese) on top of the mushrooms before cooking.
- When you are ready, place the mushrooms into the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes on 375 degrees.
*these small bites can be prepped the night before the big day and then cooked right before consumption*
Subscribe to Leisure of Living
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!