Need something to warm you up while the nights are cooling down? These drinks are perfect for sipping on this time of year because of their seasonal ingredients! Halloween, Thanksgiving, the beginning of football season, and other fall festivities are perfect settings for these DIY cocktails — you are going to love having these recipes handy when the time calls for a boozy beverage!
Apple Cider Mule
- 5 ounces of hard apple cider (I used Angry Orchard)
- 2 shots of vodka
- 1 ounce of ginger- anise simple syrup
Garnish with slices of apple and ginger
ginger-anise simple syrup: Combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Add star anise pods and sliced ginger. Simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat, allow to cool and steep for an hour. Double strain into a clean jar.
*or purchase this ginger cocktail syrup to save time*
- 1 shot of whiskey (I used Jameson)
- 3/4 ounce of honey simple syrup
- Juice from half of a large lemon
- 2.5 teaspoons of Calvados or apple-flavored brandy
Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a thin slice of lemon.
honey simple- syrup: Combine 1 cup of honey and 1 cup of water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly, until honey is dissolved. Cool before using.
- 4 ounces of pomegranate juice
- 2 ounces of ginger beer (this ginger beer has a great flavor!)
- 2 shots of tequila
- 1 tablespoon of simple syrup
Garnish with pomegranate seeds and a sprig of garden mint
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!