Drinking water frequently keeps our bodies functioning properly. The proper amount of water intake regulates our body temperature, boosts skin health and aids the digestion system.
It may seem like an easy thing to do, but drinking 64 ounces of water every day can prove to be a difficult task for most people. I have some pointers for those of you who need the extra bit of motivation.
- Flavor it Naturally- get creative and use herbs, sliced fruits or vegetables, essential oils, etc. You can even start having a “taste of the week”. My favorite combination is lemon, lime, rosemary and mint leaves.
- Replace Soda- choose sparkling or mineral water instead. La Croix makes great sparkling water that is 100% natural, sugar-free, calorie-free and sodium-free with no artificial sweeteners! So far, you can choose from at least 15 delicious flavors. You will not regret ditching your soda habit for these.
- Keep Track- if you like a challenge, keep up with the number of ounces you drink daily. Use a free app to try and beat your score every week. Soon you will be drinking half a gallon without hesitation.
- The 1 to 1 Rule- if you like to indulge in alcoholic beverages from time to time (I know I do!), then make sure to down a glass of water for every drink. This will also help you avoid a hangover because it balances out the sugar in mixed drinks.
- Set a Timer- until you are drinking enough water on your own, set alarms throughout the day to drink a full glass. I always try to drink one right when I wake up, after every meal and before I go to sleep.
Staying hydrated improves your well-being so start using these tricks today! You will sleep better, have more energy and think clearer. Needless to say your body will be thanking you for showing it some liquid love.