The key to preparing for a long trip overseas? A well thought-out packing list! With the right amount of research on weather, dress codes and locations – you’ll be ready to take on whatever your European adventure throws your way.
The following is a list of all the items I brought on my European getaway to Italy & Spain during their summer months. The days were hot but the nights tended to be a little cooler.
- 1 pair of lightweight skinny jeans*
- 1 long skirt*
- 1 midi skirt
- 2 dresses (1 tshirt dress and 1 ruched, body-con dress)
- 2 basic tees (1 black and 1 white)
- 1 tank bodysuit
- 1 basic tank top
- 3 long-sleeved button-up blouses
- 2 lightweight cardigans*
- 1 lightweight jacket
- 1 bathing suit
- 1 pair of fashion tennis shoes
- 1 pair of regular tennis shows (for those of you who like to workout on trips!)
- 1 pair of comfortable sandals
- 1 pair of booties
- 1 pair of sunglasses
- 1 small-brimmed hat
- 1 cross-body purse
- 1 belt (brown or black)
ELECTRONICS & MORE
- Universal Charger & chord
- Portable Charger
- Disposable Camera
- Travel Diary
- Fold-able Water Bottle (Europe is filled with clean drinking fountains)
THINGS TO NOTE:
- In Europe, all holy sites require each visitor’s knees and shoulders to be covered*
- Neutral, solid-colored clothing is easy to mix & match AND will make you look less like a tourist
- Pack light and pack smart! Trust me when I say you do not want to be held down (literally) by a giant piece of luggage. Allow yourself some spontaneity and focus on the experiences you will have, not the number of outfits you can wear.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!