The ideal carry-on will be filled with products that keep you comfortable, clean and cute during any journey.
Here are the in-flight essentials that I swear by:
- Paperback Book – especially for long trips, in-flight entertainment is necessary. Find yourself a page- turner that will fit neatly in your bag. Check out this list of books that will spark your wanderlust -even when you are traveling!
- Reusable Water Bottle- save some money and the environment by bringing your own bottle. Staying hydrating can also help prevent jet-lag.
- Snacks – it is inevitable that you will get the munchies at some point. Pack some healthy, easy to eat and low-odor snacks such as mixed nuts, granola bars or dried fruit.
- Layers – airplanes can either be really warm or really cold. Make sure to wear comfortable clothing that you can remove or add on. My go-to plane outfit is a pair of black leggings, a fitted tee and a lightweight cardigan.
- Cozy Socks – cold feet are common on airplanes, be prepared and bring a thick pair of socks to keep your toes warm.
- Travel Pillow – riding on an airplane is the perfect chance to catch up on some shut eye, but without the proper equipment you can end up with a sore neck. Here are some of Amazon‘s best.
- Lip Balm – nothing feels worse than having chapped lips during a long flight. Keep a lip moisturizer handy for those moments. I recommend L’Occitane’s Shea Butter Stick.
- Dry Shampoo – a lifesaver to many, this will give your hair a pick-me-up for wherever you are headed after you disembark. Try Batiste‘s travel size bottle.
- Underarm Wipes- these will keep you refreshed before, during and after your trip. Pacifica’s Deodorant Wipes are made with essential oils, are all-natural and aluminum-free!
- Hydrating Face Mist – I am currently using Mario Badescu’s aloe, cucumber and green tea facial spray for all my travels. It gives my skin much-needed hydration and glow.
Flying can be a hassle or a hiatus— stick to these basic items and your long flight will be an easy one!