My recipe for blueberry-banana bread is great for those who are health-conscious but still love to keep their sweet tooth satisfied. It is simple, with wholesome ingredients and clean alternatives for the sugar and vegetable oil.
Without sending your blood sugar through the roof, you can munch on this delicious bread and still feel great all day long.
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup extra-virgin coconut oil
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup blueberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan with coconut oil spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the coconut oil (or applesauce) and honey
- Stir in eggs and bananas until everything is well-blended
- Stir banana mixture into the flour mixture until it is moist
- Finally, slowly stir in the blueberries- be careful not to mush them!
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. Use toothpick to check the center of the loaf until it comes out clean
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
Subscribe to Leisure of Living
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!