I have discovered a simple way of making banana bread with clean alternatives for the sugar and vegetable oil.
This recipe is great for those who are health-conscious but still love to keep their sweet tooth satisfied.
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup coconut oil OR ¼ cup of sugar-free applesauce
¾ cup honey
2 eggs, beaten
3 overripe bananas, mashed
1 cup blueberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan with coconut oil spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the coconut oil (or applesauce) and honey
- Stir in eggs and bananas until everything is well-blended
- Stir banana mixture into the flour mixture until it is moist
- Pour batter into loaf pan and Bake for 60-65 minutes. Use toothpick to check the center of the loaf until it comes out clean
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
Enjoy with family and friends