This recipe is great for those who are health-conscious but still love to keep their sweet tooth satisfied. It is a simple way of making banana bread with clean alternatives for the sugar and vegetable oil.
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil OR ¼ cup of sugar-free applesauce
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup blueberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan with coconut oil spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the coconut oil (or applesauce) and honey
- Stir in eggs and bananas until everything is well-blended
- Stir banana mixture into the flour mixture until it is moist
- Finally, slowly stir in the blueberries- be careful not to mush them!
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. Use toothpick to check the center of the loaf until it comes out clean
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!