My recipe for blueberry-banana bread is great for those who are health-conscious but still love to keep their sweet tooth satisfied. It is simple to make and has wholesome ingredients. I also used clean alternatives for the sugar and vegetable oil.
Without sending your blood sugar through the roof, you can munch on this delicious, blueberry-banana bread and still feel great all day long.
- 2 cups of rolled oats flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- A dash of pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup extra-virgin coconut oil (melted)
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan with coconut oil spray
- In a large mixing bowl: combine flour, rolled oats, baking soda, flax seeds, cinnamon, and salt
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the coconut oil, vanilla, and honey
- Stir the eggs and bananas into the moist mixture until everything is well-blended
- Begin to slowly add in the flour mixture while stirring until it is moist
- Finally, slowly stir in the blueberries- be careful not to mush them!
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. Use toothpick to check the center of the loaf until it comes out clean
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
for another healthy recipe: click here for my oatmeal-banana pancakes!
Subscribe to Leisure of Living
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase. I would never recommend anything I don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!